Special Needs Trust Go Bag
What You Need When Preparing for the Future
A Special Needs Trust (SNT) can be a very powerful aid in managing care for a family member with a disability. It can provide supplemental items like therapies, respite care, entertainment, and education — all without interfering with the beneficiary’s Social Security Income (SSI), Medicaid or other government programs.
For most families, protecting a loved one’s eligibility for government benefits, while setting aside assets to supplement them, can make all the difference for future security. Remaining eligible for government programs can be important even for a child from a financially comfortable background. The prospect of funding an SNT can seem daunting, but it is an important step.
Please Note: Special Needs Trusts are just one of many options available for families seeking to plan for a loved one’s financial future. It is important to consult a professional that has experience in special needs law and financial planning. For some more information of ABLE Accounts visit our website HERE.
- Strategies for Funding a Special Needs Trust
- Special Needs Trusts and Federal Student Aid
- How Much Money Do You Need to Fund a Special Needs Trust?
- What You Need to Know about Selecting Professionals for Special Needs Financial and Estate Planning
- Life Insurance: What You Need to Know for Special Needs Planning
- Trust Protectors for Special Needs Trusts
- Two Different Types of Special Needs Trusts
- ABLE Account, Special Needs Trust and Pooled Trust Comparison Chart
New Jersey Based Articles
- New Jersey Department of Human Services: Special Needs Trust
- What is a special needs trust?
- Planning for the Future: Special Needs Trusts as Tools to Enhance the Quality of Life
Finding a Professional
- View PLAN/NJ Professional Sponsors Directory: The following professionals have interest and experience in estate planning and many other related matters for individuals with disabilities and their families including Guardianship, public benefits and special education laws.
- Special Needs Alliance Attorney
- The Arc and the Center for Future Planning Professional Directory
Chapters of The Arc That Can Help with Future Planning
- The Arc of Bergen and Passaic Counties Planning and Guardianship Corporation
- SCARC Guardianship Services, Inc. (Sussex, Passaic, Warren, Morris & Hudson Counties)
- The Arc of Union: Lifetime Support
- The Arc of Somerset Payeeship Program
- Have you been named as trustee of a special needs trust? Handbook for Trustees
- The Arc of New Jersey’s Planning for Adult Life
- The Arc and the Center for Future Planning
- Who will care for my loved one when I’m gone?
- Special Needs Planning Workbook