Post-secondary (College) Go Bag
What You Need When You're Preparing to Transition
Why Go To College?
A college experience broadens a person's life! It gives a student many different opportunities, from navigating a new environment to meeting new people, and developing new relationships.
Transition from high school to college can be confusing. Become familiar with the different terminology and how services are delivered at both the high school and college level.
How is College Different from High School?
High school is a teaching environment in which you acquire facts and skills. College is a learning environment in which you take responsibility for thinking through and applying what you have learned. Read the outlines to understand the differences.
Preparing for Post-Secondary Life
Here you will find 20 powerful strategies to help prepare your child for inclusive Post-Secondary Education.
Programs vs. Support Programs
Know your options!
A list of college programs currently available in New Jersey for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here you will find a list of possible ways to finance college.
- College Programs and Support Services for Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- College Programs in New Jersey and Scholarship Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College resources for students with disabilities
- Advice From College Students
- Practical Tips
- Why go to college?
- Invisible Disabilities and Postsecondary Education (Below Video)