Early Intervention Go Bag
What You Need When Your Young Child (0-3) May Have Developmental Deleys
What is Early Intervention?
The Early Intervention System, under the Department of Health, implements New Jersey's Statewide System of Services for infants and toddlers, birth to age three, with delays or disabilities, and their families.
Special Child Health Services and Referrals
Each of New Jersey's 21 counties has a Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit (SCHCS CMU). All SCHS CMU Case Managers, with parent consent, work with the child’s parents, physician, and/or specialists to evaluate an affected child’s strengths and needs; and collaborates with the family and community-based partners to develop and individual service plan (ISP) for the child and family. This is a free service regardless of income.
New Jersey Birth to Three Early Learning Standards
The New Jersey Birth to Three Early Learning Standards provides a common framework for understanding and communicating developmentally appropriate expectations for infants and toddlers. These standards are based on research about what children should know (understand) and do (competencies and skills) in different domains of learning and development.
Early Intervention Transition
This manual describes the transition process and helps families plan for future needs.
The “NJEIS Family Rights” describes your child’s and family’s rights, as defined by Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
This book provides some of the knowledge needed to help you in your important role as a parent. Learning more about parenting and child development can make a world of difference for both you and your child. Increasing your understanding, together with your love for your child, can help you become a better parent – a very special person in your child’s world.
- The Arc of New Jersey Family Institute Resources:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center
- National Center For Parent Information and Resources - Overview of Early Intervention
- The Early Childhood Parenting and Professional Resource Center
Here you will find information on developmental and behavioral health, parenting and early learning.
- Choosing Child Care: A Parent's Guide for Children with Special Needs
- Tips for Inclusion
- Including Children with Disabilities in State Pre-K Programs
- ASAH Preschool Guide
- Center For Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Project Child Find