Facebook Live Events
Join Us for the Following Facebook Live Events
Catch a weekly brief update from Michael Pearson Jr. at 10 am on a topic or featured resource related to special education. Make sure to "Like" and "Follow" us on Facebook to receive a notice once we go live. For step-by-step directions on how to participate in our Facebook Live Events scroll down.
September 12th - Back to School Check-In
September 19th - Special Education Terms
September 26th - What’s in an IEP?
October 3rd - Creating an “Outline for Success”
October 10th - IDEA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
October 17th - Creating Your IEP Binder
October 24th - Is My Child in the Right Placement?
October 31st - Assistive Technology for Students
November 7th - What’s a Transition Plan?
November 14th - Transition Planning for Employment
November 21st - Transition Planning for College
November 28th - Parent and Student Rights in Transition
December 5th - Writing SMART Goals in IEPs
December 12th - Accommodations and Modifications
December 19th - Resources to Help with Homework/Assignments
December 26th - Off (Holiday)
January 2nd - From Early Intervention to Preschool
January 9th - Requesting Evaluations and Re-Evals
January 16th - How Can I Be More Involved with the School?
January 23rd - Behavior and Discipline in Special Education
January 30th - From Referral to IEP: The Timeline for Services
February 6th - Parental Rights (Part One)
February 13th - Parental Rights (Part Two)
February 20th - Parental Rights (Part Three)
February 27th - Mediation and Due Process
March 6th - Occupational Therapy in School
March 13th - Physical Therapy in School
March 20th - Speech Language Pathology in School
March 27th - Counseling in School
April 3rd - Employment Services in School (with Project HIRE)
April 10th - My Child is Falling Behind Socially
April 17th - Extended School Year (ESY)
April 24th - Out of District Placement Pros and Cons
May 1st - College Programs in New Jersey
May 8th - Creating a Summer Plan
May 15th - 2023 Camp Guide from The Family Institute
May 22nd - Self-Advocacy for Students (with The New Jersey Self-Advocacy Project)
May 29th - MAPS Club (with Planning for Adult Life)
June 5th - Fact Sheets and Go-Bags for Parents (with The Family Institute)
June 12th - My Child Starts Kindergarten Next Year
June 19th - Applying for DDD
What is a Facebook Live?
Facebook Live is a feature of Facebook that uses the camera on a computer or mobile device to broadcast real-time video to Facebook. Live broadcasters and viewers can interact in real time! If someone with whom you have a connection with on Facebook (such as a friend, page, group, or celebrity you’re following) decides to broadcast live on Facebook, their video will appear in your news feed.
How to participate in a Facebook Live Event?
1. Before the event, go to The Arc of New Jersey Family Institute Facebook page.
2. To receive a notification whenever we begin a Live Event when using a computer or laptop:
- Click on "Follow"
- Check off "See First"
- Check off "On (Highlight Posts)"
3. To receive a notification whenever we begin a Live Event when using a mobile device:
4. Once the Live Event begins you will receive a notice on Facebook that the event has begun.
5. During the broadcast write comments and ask questions. Comments that you type will be visible to us and we'll be able to respond to them in real time.
6. Share a live feed with others. Tap or click the "Share" button to share the live broadcast with other people.
7. Like what you're see? Show us with an emoji during the broadcast!
8. Find older live videos archived on our Facebook page.