Understanding Public Partnerships, LLC (PPL)
What is Public Partnerships, LLC (PPL)?
The New Jersey Department of Human Services (DHS) has contracted with Public Partnerships, LLC (PPL) to act as the new Fiscal Intermediary (FI) for the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), Division of Disability Services (DDS), and Division of Aging Services (DoAS).
What are the responsibilities of the FI?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Billing for participant-directed services rendered.
- Functioning as a fiscal conduit making non-routine, non-payroll purchase transactions.
- Enrolling the individual/representatives, as appropriate, as the common law employer of the individual’s Self-Directed Employees (SDE), including assistance with the completion and maintenance of all employer-related paperwork. This function includes assuring that all SDEs complete and pass all background checks and meet all the qualification criteria before delivering services.
- Managing SDE’s payroll including the filing and paying of federal and state employment-related taxes.
- Facilitating the receipt of worker’s compensation insurance policies and the payment of premiums for employers and their workers.
- Preparing and distributing reports to participants, their representatives and designated state agencies, as required.
- Claiming for services provided by organizations or enterprising entities that are not Medicaid providers but offer services to individuals enrolled in DDD services.
(Source: DDD’s Supports Program Policies & Procedures Manual, page 57)
Fact Sheets and Frequently Asked Questions
On Saturday, September 16, 2017, at the Statewide Family Support Planning Council meeting in Hamilton, DDD’s Fiscal Intermediary for Self-Directed Services, Public Partnerships, LLC (PPL) gave a presentation to address challenges families have experienced in program enrollment and self-directed employee payments. The intent of the presentation was to mitigate any obstacles families are experiencing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 732.828.2022 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.